Before attempting to transfer your content to the EOL Web site you must first map your custom Taxon Page chapters to the EOL schema. EOL uses the Species Profile Model (SPM) a Biodiversity Information (TDWG) Standard, to organise text data about a taxon.
- Log in to your LifeDesk
- Select Administration from the main menu
- Select Chapter Definitions under EOL Partnership.
- A page should appear showing a list of SPM chapter headings, along with a definition of what kind of data is expected. Use this information as a reference when mapping your chapters.
- Select Administration from the main menu, then select Map Chapters under EOL Partnership
- A page will appear with a list of your Taxon Page chapters.
- Next to each chapter heading is a select box containing a list of the available SPM headings. Simply choose which SPM heading best matches each of your chapters. Some of your chapters may have been automatically matched, be sure to check you agree with these mappings.
- Select Save